The Government of Daman and Diu released the list of Holidays for the year 2021.
U.T. Administration of DNH & DD,
Office of the Collector/Additional Director [GAD], Daman: 396 220.
Dated : 26/11/2020.
- Government of India, Department of Per. & Trg. No. F.No. 12/9/2020-JCA-2 dated 10/06/2020 & 14/08/2020 Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel and Training), Establishment (JCA-2) Section, North Block, New Delhi.
- Ministry of Home Affairs Communication dated 15.02.1984 vide No. 14046/27/83/GP [I]. In exercise of the Powers conferred under Section 25 of the Negotiable Instruments Act 1881 (26 of 1881), the Administrator of Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu is pleased to declare the holidays as specified in the Part-I, II and III appended to this Notification for the Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
Part: I Indicates Holidays in the Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu during the calendar year 2021, Saka 1942-43 which shall apply to all Government Offices/Semi Govt. Offices/Local Bodies/Commercial Banks in Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
Part: II Indicates the list of Restricted Holidays out of which an employee is entitled to avail any two holidays.
Part: III Indicates Holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 which apply to all the Industrial Establishments, Public Sector Undertakings and Commercial Banks operating in Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu. The Commercial Banks operating in Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu shall observe holidays declared by respective regional offices according to their norms. However, State Bank of India, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu in which Government transaction is being done, shall have to observe the holidays specified in the Part: I and the Government transaction / RBI chest will remain operative on other working days.
All the holidays including in Part: III shall be paid holidays in the Establishment, as below in the Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
(1) Industrial workers in the U.T. of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
(2) Daily wages workers of Govt. Department/U.T. Government Industrial Department.
(3) Employees of the Commercial Banks, Industrial Workers of Private establishment in the U.T. of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
By order and in the name of the
Administrator of DNH &DD.
Deputy Secretary (G.A.D.)
UT Administration of DNH & DD
U.T. Administration of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu,
Office of the Collector/Additional Director (GAD),
Daman : 396 220.
Dated the October, 2020
No. 11/01/96-06/GA/Holiday/III/2020-21: The UT Administration of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu is pleased to declare the following days to be Public Holidays for the Government offices of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu during the year 2021.
List of Govt Holidays 2021 in Dadra Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu | Dadra Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu Govt Public Holidays 2021
Republic Day: 26 January 2021: Tuesday
Maha Shivratri: 11 March 2021: Thursday
Holi: 29 March 2021: Monday
Good Friday: 02 April 2021: Friday
Gudi Padava: 13 April 2021: Tuesday
Ram Navami: 21 April 2021: Wednesday
Idu’l Fitr: 14 May 2021: Friday
Independence Day: 15 August 2021: Sunday
Parsi New Year’s Day/Naoraz: 16 August 2021: Monday
Janmashtami: 30 August 2021: Monday
Vinayaka Chaturthi / Ganesh Chaturthi: 10 September 2021: Friday
Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday: 02 October 2021: Saturday
Milad-un-Nabi or Id-e- Milad (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad): 19 October 2021: Tuesday
Diwali (Deepavali): 04 November 2021: Thursday
Govardhan Puja: 05 November 2021: Friday
Pratihar Sashthi or Surya Sashthi (Chhat Puja): 10 November 2021: Wednesday
Christmas Day: 25 December 2021: Saturday
Note : The following days have not been notified as General Holidays as they fall on Sunday.
Mahavir Jayanti: 25 April 2021: Sunday
Raksha Bandhan: 22 August 2021: Sunday